"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Monday, February 22, 2010

Today

Today my chest fills heavy and I am distracted. My mind is consumed with what is taking place in that Ethiopian court room thousands of miles away. My heart is heavy for AJ's birth mother. She is there. After court ends she will be given a letter from us along with an album of our family and home so that she can hold onto a piece of her son's future. What brought her to make this decision? What were the circumstances that would lead her to relinquish all rights to her son? Is she a believer? How can I feel so connected to someone that I have never met?

Philippians 4:6 tells me, "Do not be anxious about anything, (that's a little difficult for me right now), but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present my request to God."

Psalms 46:10 tells me, "Be still and know that He is God."

post signature

1 comment:

Sara said...

Praying so hard that things went well in that Ethiopian courtroom last night while we slept. Praying for you that you will have peace and contentment in your wait. Praying that God will show his hand in amazing redemptive ways!