"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Friday, September 24, 2010

Step by Step


The first picture was in our referral information packet we received in January of this year. He looked sick, sad, lost, hopeless, and miserable. It broke my heart every time I looked at it. I remember not wanting our friends and family to see this picture because I didn't want them to worry or question what we were doing. I was carrying enough doubt and anxiousness on my own. I remember asking myself, "Can we do this? How can he heal? Will he let us love him?"

We have come so far in just 5 months. I don't ever want to portray that this has been easy. It is not. There have been huge adjustments for all of us. Some days are great, some not so much!?! Some days we take 2 steps forward and then 3 steps back. But we are not alone. All glory, honor, and praise to our Healer, Counselor, and Mighty King.



post signature

3 comments:

Merany :) said...

I absolutely love that AJ!! :) He is such an awesome kid and fits right in with your family! His english is awesome, too!

missy said...

there is so much represented in those two photos. what a honest and beautiful testimony.

Angie Walter said...

Tears are flowing!!! CANNOT believe how he has changed....oh the power of LOVE and our SAVIOR!!!