"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Wednesday, August 13, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Well, summer break is officially over! We are back to school and have hit the ground running! As usual, this time of the year brings mixed emotions for me. I am sad that the "care-free" days of staying up late, sleeping in, swimming, bike rides, and just being together are over. I love not having a schedule....for a while, but then as August draws near I can feel the kids, and myself, growing antsy. They are anxious to start their new classes and see their friends and I am ready for some order (if that is really possible)?!? It seems that as summer comes to an end they bicker and fuss with each other more and I spend way to much time playing referee!

I truly believe that Harper is glad to have mommy back all to herself! She just walks around the house smiling, laughing, and babbling. We have rocked, read many books, and I am treasuring the one on one time with her that I haven't had all summer. If she could talk I believe she would say "Whoopee they're gone......" Deep, deep down in her heart I know she misses them???

So the past few days I have been catching up on laundry and housecleaning! Harper and I have visited the kids at school for lunch and taken some long walks in the morning. As I think about these things I am reminded of why I titled this blog "For This Season", in this life things don't ever stay the same. The kids are growing and changing! They are different than they were this time last year, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. My role as their mom is ever changing with them. As much as I may want to hold on to where we were I must let go and embrace where we are......"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven."



post signature

No comments: