"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Monday, October 22, 2007

Brown County

Recuperation! That is what I need....from an intense shopping weekend with Nae, Sherry, Me Maw, Retie and of course Miss HM (still not done nursing...but even if she were I know I could not have left her for 3 days.) We have done this trip maybe 3-4 times over the last several years. The main goal is Christmas shopping, but we always seem to come home with lots of other great "finds" that have nothing to do with Christmas?? Me Maw is such a trooper. She had to rest a little more than in years past (reading a good book in the van) but I believe a good time was had by all.

When I was pushing the stroller around the outlet mall and watching the hundreds and hundreds of shoppers I was hit hard....I believe that we (all people) are created with a deep desire within for something real. We can push it away, we can ignore it, or we can cover it up, but it doesn't ever go away. We are created to be with God, to feel His presence and I found myself craving that this weekend. The things that used to "fill" me don't get it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I like to wear nice clothes that make me feel pretty and I like to decorate my home with things that look nice, but that in itself is empty. I don't have to think back very far to remember when those things brought me happiness. This weekend was a new point of realization. I almost ached at times to be with Him, I found myself feeling the wind and the sunshine in a new way. It soothed my ache and made me recognize that I truely am a work-in-progress. He is working on me, changing me! I was never designed to be content with the things of this world. I ask for more of Him and less of me! We have a long way to go......"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments: