"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Special Things"

A few weeks ago J and I decided that one night every week he or I would take one child out for a few hours for some special one-on-one time. With 4 kids one-on-one time can be rare. So tonight it was my turn with H. I have looked forward to this all week. H is such a daddy's boy, and he used to be a mommy's boy. The day of his 4th birthday he woke up with a little body full of testosterone and has been "all boy" ever since. So, I couldn't wait until I could have him all to myself tonight. We had a wonderful time, played glow golf, bought a dinosaur book at BAM, and had cheeseburgers at McDonalds. He talked the ENTIRE time.....about dinosaurs, about how fast cars go, and about how much each member of our family weighs?? But the best part, he didn't want to come home. He wanted to have more of our "special thing". He cheered for me while playing put-put and wanted me to hold him at BAM while reading the dinosaur book. I pray often that God will show me how to be the mom he needs. It just comes easier with the girls. They are so eager to talk and share their feelings. They want me to hold them and rock them and sleep with them at night. I can "get" that! It is just a little harder for me to "mother" him. I don't really like wrestling in the floor (he hurts) or seeing how far I can spit off a bridge?!? But, I want my relationship with him to be real and deep rooted in our hearts. I want him to know how much I love him and what a treasure he is to me.......

No comments: