"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Cards

I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas cards. I love getting them, especially the ones with a sweet picture and a letter recounting the year. I love to display them and look at them throughout the month. My kids especially love this. We often get cards from friends from college and family that we don't see very often. I used to love sending them also. When our family was a tad bit smaller I could set them in front of the tree and take a great shot. I even used to enjoy setting down at night when everyone was asleep and addressing them. It felt like I was sending a small present and sharing our family with those who are so special to us.

I don't know when this all changed! I must confess that last year I did not send out one card. Maybe I get a special pass on that considering I was 6 months pregnant and not living in our own home. But, now here we are. All week long I have thought that this Sunday I need to get everyone up and dressed earlier than normal so that we can get a picture for "the card" before church. Oh, the stress!! Now you see, Sunday mornings are not always a nice occasion around this place. "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" is not heard, instead it is something like this, "Do you have your Bible... did you brush your teeth... where is the diaper bag..... get in the car we are going to be late"!! You are probably thinking, do the card some other time during the week....well, the kids wear uniforms to school everyday and that just won't do?! The rest of the time they are either in dance leotards, soccer shorts, play clothes, etc. So tomorrow it is! I will get everyone up a little bit earlier, have their clothes laid out and ready to go and we will all stand in front of the tree and "cheese". Oh, the things we do, who came up with the tradition of Christmas cards anyway......must have been Hallmark?!?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


post signature

No comments: