"There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven." Ecc. 3:1





Photo credit to darlingbydesignphotography.com







Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Victoria Secret and the Bible??

On the way home this afternoon I was thinking about something I read this morning in 2 Corinthians...(2 Cor. 2: 14-15) "But thanks to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." So how might this relate to Victoria Secret? I was there a few days ago (with my 89 year old Granny....little awkward) looking at all of their new scents and lotions. I am a sucker for body butter and they had one that I loved...."Romantic Wish." It had the sweetest smell. As soon as I lifted the container to my nose I smiled. It was just that sweet! So how awesome is "the aroma of Christ"? I can't comprehend that! I want to spread the "fragrance of the knowledge of Him". I want Him to be pleased with me....I want to smell that good! I also thought about the Israelites so many years ago that would offer the incense in the tabernacle. That aroma that was also so pleasing to Him. It was His requirement before they could continue with their sacrifices. God loves smells! WOW! Double WOW!

His Word is beautiful...It is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I am thankful that I am the "aroma of Christ" to the King of Kings (and a little body butter never hurts)!?!?

post signature

No comments: